01 October, 2008

First stop-Fiji!


View Larger Map



Nick and I are off to Nadi, Fiji, where we will be taking a boat to Bounty Island. The island is primarily occupied by a youth hostel offering bare-bone amenities (we're talking no ac here) at somewhat reasonable prices, at least for a hostel located in tropical paradise (please see photo to the right).

I plan on sailing, becoming in a prune by floating in the clear water all day, ready on the shore and kayaking. That to me, sounds like a slice of heaven!

Let's be quite honest here- I am writing this pre-trip and photos aren't always all they're cracked up to be on the website. Then again, I've been to a few places in the world where a photo just wouldn't do justice to the natural beauty you see in person. That being said, I will report back and let you know. And you can look at our photos to make your own judgment.

Hope you each find a bit of paradise in your day back home!!